Silverstone Classic is an annual three-day car and race event at the UK's Silverstone circuit, home of the British Grand Prix. Over a long weekend every July, the event features a large number of historic cars in races and static displays and draws together a large number of car clubs. It is billed as ‘The World’s Biggest Classic Motor Racing Festival’. Founded in 1990, the Silverstone Classic was one of the first of motor sport meetings dedicated entirely to historic racing cars and enjoyed considerable success and popularity during the following years. The arrival of similar historic festivals such as the Goodwood Revival and Festival of Speed saw the event lose some of its appeal at the start of the following decade. In recent years, though, the Silverstone Classic has re-established itself as a major historic motor sport festival attracting a crowd of 80,000 in 2011 and in 2012 was voted as one of the World’s best historic motor sport events by Octane magazine. Another major accolade followed in 2013 when the Silverstone Classic won the prestigious ‘Motorsport Event of the Year Award’ at the third International Historic Motoring Awards (IHMA). [Wikipedia]
Public Parking is FREE.
From M1 leave at junction 15A and take the A43 south, following signposts to Silverstone.
On leaving the A43 signposted for Silverstone, follow event signage for public parking or other access.
From M40 leave at junction 10 and take the A43 north, following signposts to Silverstone.
On leaving the A43 signposted to Silverstone, follow event signage for public parking or other access
The Silverstone Woodlands Campsite provides the best possible camping experience at Silverstone.
The facilities at Silverstone Woodlands are second to none, from purpose built permanent toilets & showers to an on-site shop, as well as food outlets and “The Petrol Head” pub, all of which have one aim – to make your camping experience as comfortable and as enjoyable as possible.
With so many Classic Cars about, the campsite almost turns into a car-show of it’s own with various car clubs and enthusiasts sharing the same great facilities and lovely grass fields.
Woodlands Campsite pricing and details
The campsite will be open from 7am on Thursday 23rd July until 12 noon on Monday 27th July and tickets are valid for the whole period.
- Adult weekend camping - £49 per person
- Child (6-16) weekend camping - £16.50 per person
- Child (5 and under) weekend camping – Free
- Weekend electrical hookup - £64.50 per hookup
Pricing is per person and all vehicle types are welcome including cars, campervans and motorhomes. Whilst there is no formal restriction on pitch size, please keep your pitch to a reasonable size to ensure there is enough room for everybody. Those booking a Weekend Electrical Hookup will be given an approx. 8m x 8m pitch size, and there is a dedicated area for larger motorhomes.
- Close to circuit – for the Silverstone Classic you’ll camp in Zone A, only 250m from the circuit
- Complimentary shuttle service – hop on the shuttle, there’s no need to walk
- Purpose built toilet & shower facilities – hot showers and clean toilets
- Electric hook-ups
- The Petrol Head Pub – serving all you’d expect from your on-site local
- Quality on-site food caterers – offering lovely food at sensible prices
- Campsite shop – a convenience store selling all of your daily essentials
- Site security – feel safe with a team of qualified security staff patrolling the site
- Chemical waste disposal point – if you need to empty your tank before leaving
- Drinking Water & grass pitches – sounds silly but we had to mention it!
For more information regarding Silverstone Woodlands Campsite click here.